Wednesday, October 26, 2011

NYC!

I was able to go to NYC last week while making a work trip to Newburgh/Plattekill NY.

At the end of September I wrote in to "Live with Regis and Kelly" to get tickets. All the online tickets had been reserved, so the website said to send in a written request. I thought it was a long shot, especially with Regis retiring in a few weeks. However, about two weeks later I got a phone call asking if I was still available for Oct. 19th. I was thrilled and so surprised! I felt like a little kid! I set plans in motion to make my campground visit, booked a ticket and off I went.

Having never been to New York City, I was a bit nervous about navigating and finding the studio in the early morning. However, the train ride was smooth and I was able to catch a cab with no major hurdles. I woke up at 3:15am, took the 4:32am train into the city and didn't even get coffe until around 4pm (insane). It was raining the whole day, but it was still fun to be there! The show was great, and I'm SO glad I got to see lovable Regis before he "moves on." As to be expected, Kelly is fabulous. Seeing a show, live and in person was so awesome.

As I was walking out of the studio, checking my texts to see when my friends were coming into the city, I heard an intern asking if anyone wanted to see "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" Since my friends weren't going to be there for a few hours, I headed down to that studio and sat in the audience for two episodes of the show! The episodes are set to air during the "Play It Forward" week, November 28th and 29th!

Here are a few pictures from my adventure. I am already looking forward to going back to visit my sister and her soon to be hubby when they live there!



Security:

Regis and his classmates! They were so cute reminiscing!




Penn Badgley from Gossip Girl and in the new film "Margin Call"








2 comments: