Wednesday, May 1, 2013

God knows

Today I caught myself thinking a bit too highly of myself. You know, one of those moments when you're feeling entitled to a certain treatment or response from others. About a minute after feeling that way I had this understanding of "you're being prideful." It's like the Holy Spirit said it to my spirit. I was driving and admitted it to myself out loud asking for forgiveness from our loving Father. I thought, I didn't have any quiet time this morning, let me check the Bible verse of the day. I pulled up my handy dandy Bible app and sure enough: "When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility come wisdom." - Proverbs 11:2. If that wasn't a reminder of what I had just realized I don't know what is. God knows what we need huh? A little dose of humility and some time with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment