Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm A Rockin' Girl


Last weekend, I had my first Rock Band experience. We went to visit's Matt's sister Jennifer and her family. Their youngest boys, really love playing the drums and singing in the microphone. It's pretty cute. Once the boys were in bed, the adults (ahem) took to the stage. We played for hours. Seriously. It was SO fun. Jennifer and Marshall are really good at the drums and guitar! I tried all of the instruments and the singing, as did Matt. It was pretty crazy. I ended up singing most of the time. It's funny because I love to sing...in my car, around the house, etc., but don't typically perform. But, because it's a game you pretty much have to bring it if you want to win it! So I became quite the rockstar (ha!) and we became quite the rock band. The songs I got the most into were Alanis Morrisette's "You Oughta Know," and Miranda Lambert's "Gun Powder and Lead." For some reason the angry female songs are pretty easy to get into and sing your heart out! Apparently Matt filmed some of our songs, but I'm yet to see the videos...they will not be making it on the internet!

Our Rock Band evening reminded me of our tour guide in Costa Rica, Jaime' would hear me singing along with the radio in our tour van and dubbed me a "rockin' girl." My official Costa Rican nickname.


1 comment:

  1. Indeed, you are a rockin girl. That is one of your finest traits. Glad to call you mine.

    ReplyDelete