Thursday, January 7, 2010

Writing the New Year

It's 2010. I can't write 10 just yet. In my thank you note writing I find myself writing 1/6/2010. For some reason 1/6/10 doesn't sit right with me yet. We shall see if I change over... I suspect I will at some point in the next year.

On that note, writing thank you notes is a big deal. I didn't start until after the holidays mostly because I knew the big endeavor they would be. So, I've started, and I actually enjoy it. It helps me reflect, and because I'm truly grateful, I enjoy sending friends and family a sweet little note. When I was much younger, and began to write thank you notes my mom engrained in me the proper way to write a note. Her mother, a socialite in the south and drilled in her the correct way to write. It's a combination of chatty, with a definite amount of thankfulness. It's amazing the thank you notes people write, which are hardly a note at all. Anyway, that's my tangent...and what's going on in my corner of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment