Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas spirit

This week has been filled with much more Christmas joy for me than the past few. To start, we surprised my sister-in-law and her family with a real Christmas tree. She had waited in line for hours to get a free one for military families, and they ran out of trees, so Matt and I became Santa's helpers and showed up with one. So fun.

Next I went with some church members to take a child shopping at Belk. I had a kindergarten girl, and was worn out by the end of our hour and a half shopping trip. However to be able to give her new clothes and help her choose the different items she liked was so special. There's a sweetness in sharing what the Lord has entrusted to us, whether that's giving of time, inviting people into our home, helping others financially, or another way of sharing.

I also bought a wreath and a Christmas tree smelling candle. So slowly, it's beginning to look a little cheerier in our abode. It sure does make me miss my parents Christmas filled house... but that's just something to look forward to.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment