Tuesday, December 7, 2010

"Oh, Carolina..."

"...Keep, calling me home." - Eric Church

Well, it's been too long since I've written. We've been back in Southern Pines for about 2.5 weeks. It's been an adjustment, but we're settling in. It's probably been harder on me than Matt. We are living in a temporary place and looking for something more permanent. That's becoming quite a process. However, I'm praying that God will show us where He wants us to live, and to serve. My attitude has been gradually improving as we've gotten a bit more organized. I've been feeling displaced, both with our housing situation, and being back in a place, yet not feeling super connected to it. I know God is teaching me things in this time as we put ourselves out there.

The timing of moving back to NC however has been favorable with the holiday season. We were able to see all of our family over Thanksgiving and look forward to Christmas celebrations with less of a drive than from GA. I've been feeling like a bit of a Scrooge, all our Christmas stuff is in storage, but today I went and bought a wreath to add some festive fun to our little home. We went Christmas shopping on Saturday and that helped to get me a bit more in the spirit. AND I haven't been changing the station when Christmas music comes on, and I was before this weekend. I think in my "blah" ness I didn't want my spirits to be lifted, but, as I said, I'm starting to get with it! I'm glad for that. (And I know Matt is too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment