Wednesday, January 26, 2011

25's been good to me.

In a few hours I say goodbye to 25, hello to 26. It's an interesting stage of life here. I'm married. I'm happy.

We just found a house to rent, and honestly, it's way nicer than what I was thinking we'd end up in. It's a house! I was ready and totally willing/excited about a condo, townhome or villa. Yet, we're in a house! Whoa. Grown up. We also signed a contract for a year and a half. We are the most committed to an area that we have been during our whole marriage (i know we haven't been married for that long, but still!). It is freaking me out a bit, knowing that we will be here for at least that long. I feel pressure to find friends, make friends, get connected, find a church home. Commitment of some sort changes your perspective. YET, I'm excited to be able to land somewhere and do all of the previously mentioned things. I KNOW it will take time to get into the groove, and I'm praying that God will lead us and mostly, show us how to serve here in SP.

Thank you God, for a great year. Wonderful memories and many blessings. May "26" honor you.

No comments:

Post a Comment