Saturday, January 29, 2011

Birthday Celebration. 2011.

I had a great birthday. I woke up to a sweet note left by my husband (he leaves me notes every morning, one of the best things about getting out of bed, the other is coffee. oh, and yes, definitely jesus time). He told me that though I'd receive gifts today, I am God's gift to all of us. LOVE.

My family has always celebrated birthdays with joy and enthusiasm, I was telling people all day that it was my birthday. It's the one day where it's okay to be goofy and talk about yourself in that way, non-stop. My sister-in-law greeted me at her doorstep with a cupcake and candle, which was super cute. From there we got mani/pedi's and had a nice lunch at Ruby Tuesday. Later in the afternoon my parents came to town and took Matt and me to a lovely dinner at The Ironwood Cafe. We'd never eaten there but had heard great things. I had a delicious filet, Matt had lamb shank, Mom got salmon, and my Dad got a steak. It was a swanky place and we really enjoyed it.

Back home I opened cards, gifts, and blew out 26 candles! My mom handmade a coconut cake. She's pretty awesome. Look at this:







I got some beautiful Waterford Iced Tea Glasses, a fun necklace, a book, shirt and some great sunglasses! Here are a few more pictures from our evening. So blessed.










No comments:

Post a Comment