Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sorting...

My parents are moving in less than a week. I've come home three or four times to help pack up, sort through lots of old stuff and be moral support! If you've moved, you know how incredibly overwhelming it can be, not to mention the exhaustion. Whew.

One of the fun things I've been able to do is read through old notes, cards, letters, and see many photos of people that are still special to me. I have a whole shoebox full from each year of college of these items. I'm throwing some things away, but some notes are just "keepers." Every single one from Matt I'm keeping. I just found a card from January 06, we'd been dating for about 6 months. On the back of the card it has the quote "You look familiar. Have we met somewhere before?" Matt wrote his own answer, "Yes, 3 summers ago. I'm glad you dissed me then. Being with you now, it is incredible. Really. I miss you."

What a reminder of the Lord's faithfulness in our lives, and Matt's humor that I continue to love. Though I "dissed" him then, look where we are now! I can't help but chuckle at his candid words and smile because I am loved by him.

No comments:

Post a Comment