Thursday, September 17, 2009

Charge It?!

Well I have several things I have wanted to put on my blog...but I'm having trouble getting my pictures off of my camera. So for now, I will save those thoughts until I can get my pictures that go along with them.

So, the other grown up thing I did during my week of grown-up activities (a few weeks ago) was...I got an official credit card with Belk. HA! Now, often when making purchases at retail stores the sales associate offers a discount for opening a charge card, blah, blah, blah...and I politely turn them down. However, this time I took them up on the 15% off my purchase and opened up the card. I realized that the number of wedding gifts I have bought at Belk this year - - and will probably continue to buy in the duration of my life, make opening a Belk card a good idea. So...I did. However, the purchases made when opening the card were not other people's wedding gifts, but some make-up...for me. Later, I used the actual card on wedding gifts.

This week...I paid that bill off! It was a good feeling to know I had the money set aside I had "charged" and could write the check in full. I will not get into debt with credit cards. Though, I can see how that is easily done. You have to keep your mind right with the "charge it" options...lurking around every bend So here I am, as a grown up with a charge card, and no outstanding debts. Whew.

As for wedding news, our engagement pictures are online and I am thrilled with them. I too will post a few when I get them! Also, my mom found her dress and it is truly stunning. So, things are looking good...


No comments:

Post a Comment