Wednesday, September 23, 2009

College Days

I just got home from a Missions Conference at North Greenville University. It was a three day event and went really well. Not only did we get a page full of interested students for SummerShine, but I made several new friends from other missions organizations. A few of us girls were walking across campus one evening for chapel, and I really felt like I was back at ASU...it was strange and comforting and even bittersweet. I guess just having "friends" and being on a campus in the mountains on a beautiful night was so familiar that it took me back to Boone. It was a blessing to fellowship with other young women who love the Lord. Though we didn't know each other at first, we all had connections and enjoyed visiting with each other. It's neat how God works, encouraging us as we go along day to day. NGU is a beautiful campus and I enjoyed my time there this week. I'm sure I'll have many more visits ahead.

3 comments:

  1. I miss walking around campus in Boone with you! Even though we hated the cold, fall and spring were beautiful there. I miss lunches at McAlisters, coffee ice cream from the student union, and Wednesday fellowship lunches on the Lite Side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how about an update and some juicy info about that fiancee of yours??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...I miss all of that too Caroline!!

    ReplyDelete