Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 15 - tough day

Yesterday was really tough. Our sweet Ashby, who has certainly been on this blog headed to doggie heaven. She was 15. She was the best. People say you know when it's time...but it's awfully hard to say goodbye. She fit in with us - we always joked about her short legs matching the rest of us girls with short legs in the family. She loved chocolate and was protective when boys would try to hug me. She had a thing for kleenex and would always give the love you needed. We have all cried - the weather was cold and gray and felt really appropriate. Some days the weather just matches your mood. Yesterday it did. I haven't had much loss in my life, and I know that losing a pet is not the same as a person, but it is hard. Really hard - heck I could cry right now. But in the spirit of loss, is the spirit of thankfulness. So even though it hurts, I am incredibly thankful for sweet Ashby.





No comments:

Post a Comment