Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Day 20 - today

Again, finding it hard to be thankful right now in this very moment. Maybe it's because by the end of the day, I find myself somewhat weary. In the morning, I can be thankful for the sunshine, for rest, for a new day. But now that the day is done - I must praise Him. He gave me today. I toiled, and ran errands and enjoyed conversation with friends, and tough conversation with another. But I have lived today - I can be thankful for that. Yet in the heat of "what am I thankful for" sometimes sarcasm just creeps in more easily than thankfulness. I will fight that off and be thankful for today. I was alive. I was able to drive to work and see my friends and kiss my husband. Tonight, I'm choosing to be thankful for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment