Monday, November 26, 2012

Day 25

I am thankful for the forgiveness we have through Christ. It seems crazy at times to believe that once we ask for God's forgiveness it is given so immediately, and so fully. But the Bible is full of his promises that we are washed as white as snow...(Psalm 51, Isaiah 1). When I look back at my life sometimes it's so easy for me to regret actions, relationships, words, "sins." I found this passage at church today - Romans 7:24 - "Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin." It seems we will have a constant struggle while we are in this world. However, when I can remind myself, through prayer and scripture that while we struggle, we are redeemed, I can rest a little easier. I am thankful for these promises in the Bible because even as hard as we try to do good things, we mess up. Christianity isn't solely based on works. There is forgiveness, grace and encouragement. Praise Him for that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment