Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Day 21 of thankfulness

Our shop was busy today and it was fun to wish people a Happy Thanksgiving! It reminds me to be thankful thankful for community. Though I didn't know all of our customers, I enjoy the hospitality industry and am glad to live in a place where people are generally friendly and neighborly even. Though our world has gotten more closed off in ways (cell phones connect us but also seem to disconnect us), face to face interaction with people in my own town is good. I encourage you to take part in Small Business Saturday coming up on the 24th, get to know the locals who run restaurants and shops where you live. They invest into the community and I'm sure would love to have a new friend as well. Let's continue to make our community what the word truly stands for - a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment