Friday, November 30, 2012

the 30th day

It has been a good blogging exercise to do my thankful posts here. It has also been hard to do everyday, I'm often doing two at one time - time flies! However, in the time it takes to write the posts, I appreciate having to reflect and find things to be thankful for each day. Sometimes it has been quick and easy to be thankful for something random or wonderful that happened. Other days it has been challenging, but in a good way. In the book Jesus Calling by Sarah Young she shares this insight about thankfulness: "Thankfulness takes the sting out of adversity. That is why I have instructed you to give thanks for everything. There is an element of mystery in this transaction: You give me thanks (regardless of your feelings) and I give you Joy (regardless of you circumstances). This is a spiritual act of obedience - at times, blind obedience....Thankfulness opens your heart to My Presence and your mind to My thoughts."

I'm thankful for the ways I've learned to find thankfulness this month and the challenges that have shown me the room I have for improvement in this area. May we continue to show gratitude daily. Time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment